Thursday, November 11, 2010

Arrrgh the pain!

Ok it’s not quite that bad but my bum is sore to be more specific the side muscles of my bum (see diagram).  I have learned what muscle it is I think... the Gluteus Medius .  I have always been a bit weak there that hip area cramps up and gets tight.  Apparently its big in helping you keep stabilized.  I will need to be very careful not to hurt myself because from what I’ve read a lot of runners injuries can stem from a weak Gluteus Medius.

I was able to pare 2 minutes off  how long it takes me to run 5K I’m at 43 minutes now.  I really pushed my limits though so I am not sure I will be able to do the 35 in time.  I will just do my best!
I haven’t been eating very well this week.  I didn’t plan out meals so have been going the easy (aka unhealthy route) for dinner.  Gotta get back on top of that sigh. 

I wanted to go riding this morning before work but was just too sore.  I might try again tomorrow morning.  I really want to ride at least three times a week!!
CLUTTER BLINDNESS: Affliction where eyes exposed to long-term clutter lose all will to focus and commit visual hara kiri.
This weekend  my Mum is coming over and we are going to be working on rearranging and decluttering pretty much everything in our home.  I saw a commercial for a show called "Hoarders"  It freaked me out good.We have a small place with lots of animals and roommates yet i want to be able to be "clean" we have been here for almost 3 years and have collected a lot of new stuff.  So we shall be going on a cleaning and simplifying binge.  That will probably hurt more than my bum does currently...




No comments:

Post a Comment