Thursday, December 9, 2010

As the year draws to a close

Finally I'm updating!  No I havent been
I have been working out been to a couple Zumba classes and a dance fusion class.  I also have been riding at least a couple times a week.  Last night I ran.  Not happy with how I felt or the time but at least I did it.  I have planned another 5K for January 29th.  I am really hoping to be strong enough to run the full 5K this time instead of wogging.

My eating has really not been great.  Portions are ok but I have been eating creamy high fat food and definitely not enough fruits and veggies.  I'm working on it!

I found this daily pondering the past year thing that I would like to do.  I’m behind so I did today and all the preceding days in one post.  Oh and I skipped one because it wasn’t at all pertinent.

Without further ado here are the first 8 Pensive Ponderings: 
 
One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you:
Tired..I know lame right but this year I have found myself struggling with emotional exhaustion which leads to feeling physically exhausted.  A few months into the year I decided tired wasn’t a good enough excuse to not do the things I wanted so through sheer force of will I started Aux Pioneering and then I started riding again.  These activities took the physical tiredness up but they seemed to help refill my drained emotional reserves.  In other words they have helped me find some balance even though I continue..Tired lol

For next year I would like to end the year having stuck with it.  I would love to be able to start Reg Pioneering by September though that is not a firm date yet pending a few issues.  I want to have continued my weight loss and exercise and become a better rider.  I have also made a real attempt to connect with more people in my hall.  I want those friendships to deepen and flourish and for once I want to truly feel A part not apart.  So I guess at the end of next year I would like my word to be perseverance or perhaps persevered lol.

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors):
The first time I got back on a horse.  I finally lost enough weight to be able to ride again.  The thrill of climbing back on is hard to describe.  The soft shiny coat of Eddie, the creak of the leather as I settled into the saddle, the horsey smells and sounds.  Then the adrenaline rush of trotting and the later cantering.  Very special.  

Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year: I focused on things that interest and amaze me from the antics of my furred friends to reading interesting factoids (did you know that a lot of our water is from space?  WHO KNEW?)  I endeavored to take a moment to appreciate the beauty we experience everyday in the little things such as holding my husband’s hand to the smell of sweet morning air or the contentment I feel when a chore is accomplished.

Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
I don’t let go..I don’t believe in it.  Ok I did let go of some anger (I admit it tries to creep back but I keep letting it go) I have worked on focusing on good memories of lost relationships not the end. 

Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?: I made a Dr. Horrible Freeze ray out of some boxes, PVC pipe and assorted bits from Home Depot.  It was for a Superhero/Villain party.  I want to put in my pond I need a few hundred dollars to do it and a free weekend.  I hope to accomplish that in the next 3-4 months. 


Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?:
I hate to say it but FB has allowed me to reconnect with people lost to the shadows of my past.  Its been a trip down memory lane sometimes bitter sweet.  Its also helped me get to know some local friends on a “funner” level sometimes if all you do is see people dressed up for meeting there isn’t a lot of chance for the “silly” to show.  On the other hand people may have been surprised by the amount of silly I show lol.   

Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful: I have no idea?  Umm how about I revel in your oddities so you can let your crazy show to me and I won’t judge?

Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans: I’m not a big partier I’m sure I’ve gone to something this year but my mind is blank.. I think the most fun I had was a weekend I spent with my Huzby, family and a friend.  It involved copious amounts of chips and dip and PJ’s!



No comments:

Post a Comment