Monday, May 17, 2010

It all started with a cookie…

Well maybe not all… last week my exercise was a bit spotty. I did Callanetics and Zumba Monday and then I did Zumba again on Tuesday. Wednesday I went horse riding though I took it super easy. Thursday and Friday were exercise fails… Then on Thursday my coworker set a double fudge cookie on my desk..I couldn’t say no now could I? So anyhow I “fell” off my low carb plan since Thursday. I planned on getting back on today after helping my sis move this weekend but I just was to wiped to really get behind the planning.

Here is the thing though. I’m not looking at this as a FAIL…I see several pluses to my situation.

1. I have not gained any weight back. While I did not lose any last week I held steady.
2. Even though I wasn’t strict to plan I didn’t binge either as I have had a tendency to do in the past.
3. I am ready to get going again..
4. I’m not consumed with guilt and self loathing as I would have been in the past. More of just a shrug and ready to mount up and get moving again.

The keystone of this plan of mine is to get to bed at a decent time tonight. I have been running at 110% all month no real downtime. I have got to get an extended portion of good quality sleep tonight. Which means when I get off work at 5 I have to change and run to the stables to ride for an hour and half. I HAVE to be home at seven to eat, make breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Then I must clean the pet boxes all in an hour so I can be in bed by 8 or 8:30 at the latest. It’s going to be a bit tight but I think I can make it. Tomorrow I need to make up my run and do Callanetics. I won’t be doing Zumba tomorrow because they are having some charity event that I would have to pay to attend.

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

I may have to revise my 230 goal by July as we only have 7 weeks to go and I still need to lose 18 lbs. We shall see though. Sometimes you can have a big loss in one week so I’m not going to be disappointed if I can’t make it but I am still going to push for it.



1 comment:

  1. How are things, Emily? Thinking of you. xox

    ReplyDelete