Thursday, March 10, 2011

HAPPY DANCE!

Yay!  I made my goal for the first week of the challenge!  I am down to 237.6!!  It was up and down for me this week with the house-sitting.  Very hard to stick to an eating plan when you don't have access to your carefully stocked fridge and pantry!  Even on the days I tripped (think evil gingersnaps) I did not go WAY over my calories.  My goal for next weeks weigh in is 235 its another 2.5 lbs so I will have to push it just as hard if not harder to make it.  I hope I can do it!  That will get me 1/3 of the way to my goal for this challenge and considering that its a 6 week challenge I would be right on track.  I am going to be switching more towards the sugar busters eating plan next week.  Not hugely different from what I'm doing now just a bit more substance.  I need to start working on a meal plan to support that goal!

I ran last night.  Hit a record time of 41 minutes.   Part of me grumbles that its only 2 minutes down from where I started but another part of me is just thrilled to see any forward movement at all.  35 minutes seems years away but I will just keep doing what I can.  I really need to find another day to run.  I would like to do it on the weekend but my weekends have been so crazy busy lately that I don't even know where I would put a run!

Tonight I ride!  The weather is finally starting to clear up even though there have been some threats of rain.  I am really looking forward to some serious riding.  Now that its drier and the footing is improve.  Its hard to get serious about cantering on a wet and muddy arena (at least for me).  I need to give Romeo a really good bath as he is shedding like crazy right now.  I come home covered in horse hair.  Though I am looking forward to him getting his shiny summer coat back.  Next winter I may try to invest in a blanket for him to prevent the huge winter coat.  Will have to see how that goes time and unforeseen occurrence and all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great loss this week! Keep it up... just when you start getting bored (or distracted : )) throw in a new challenge for yourself. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week. You can do it again for sure.

    ReplyDelete